[Freeswitch-users] Call Transfer Problem

DJB djbinter at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 16:54:58 PDT 2009

I have a call transfer problem with Freeswitch

Here is the call flow:

I call from the PSTN  (A party) into my Polycom phone (B-party) which is registered to FreeSwtich. The Freeswtich is setup not to route media as I have an SBC acting as a mirror proxy that will do all the NAT and media routing.

The inbound call is setup fine and there is two way voice. I then blind transfer from the Polycom to my Cell phone. I see the polycom send a SIP refer to Freeswitch and it sends a 202 accepted fine and that leg between the Polycom (B party) and the A party is torn down fine like its supposed to be. The Freeswitch places the outbound call (the number the call is transferring to C-party) and that call completes. However now there is one way audio between the A party and C party . I see RTP streaming back from the egress carrier where the call was transfered to so the A party can hear the C party but the C party cannot hear the A party . When I look at the SIP traces of the original inbound call from the A-party I see a SIP re-invite from free switch to place the call on hold (contains Freeswitch RTP address to I can hear hold music) while it is transferring the call and the A-party does hear on hold music from Freeswitch while the call is being
 transferred. However I do not see a second re-invite from freeswitch to pass the media IP it got from the egress leg back to the original inbound leg. If my inbound gateway does not get a re-invite from Freeswitch to redirect its media to the new RTP address of of the egress carrier it will not do so hence the one way voice.

How do I get the Freeswitch to re-invite the original ingress leg once it gets the SIP 183 from the egress with the new RTP info ? Free switch is sending the first SIP re-invite to my inbound gateway with new media IP (IP of itself) so the A-party can hear on hold music , but does not send a second re-invite to my inbound gateway after it receives the new RTP address from the egress carrier for the call that was transferred back out.

Thank you.