[Freeswitch-users] Set disable-transcoding in dialplan

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Thu Sep 3 22:54:40 PDT 2009

Hi Nandy,

yes already tried this, but if I use proxy_media=true, FS makes no
control on the content of the RTP stream. But the pbm is that I need to
use this:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_start_dtmf_generate
This function enables transcoding of SIP_INFO or RFC2833 to Inband DTMF
in G711

But this feature doesn't work if I'm using proxy_media=true.

In fact my setup is the following:

CPE using G711A, G729 and SIP INFO for DTMF
PEER_A using G729 only and RFC_2833
PEER_B using G711 and SIP INFO

I have been able to make this works, with proxy_media=true for PEER_B
cause I don't need transcoding of DTMF (SIP INFO to SIP INFO).
For PEER_A, proxy_media is set to false (default) cause  I need
transcoding SIP INFO to RFC2833. I'm able to use G729 using
codec_negotiation=greedy and setting G729 with highest priority on my
internal profile.

But the pbm is that I need to add PEER_C.
PEER_C needs G711 with transcoding DTMF from SIP_INFO to Inband.

And this is where I'm stuck, cause using "greedy settings and G729 with
priority 1 in my codec list and proxy_media=false" force FS to negotiate
G729 on leg A. But Leg B is willing to use G711 and FS is unable to
transcode G729 <---> G711.

I was wondering if there is a way for FS to force the codec order on Leg
A with some knowledge of the preferred codec on Leg B, ie I know that
Leg B will always use G711 so that I want to biase the SDP answer on Leg
A based on this fact.

regards,
rod