[Freeswitch-users] Set disable-transcoding in dialplan

rod kawarod at laposte.net
Wed Sep 2 23:50:45 PDT 2009

Hi Michael,

I did some tests but I haven't been successful, so there is what I'm
trying to achieve:

On A leg, my phone is using: PCMA and G729 (in this priority order)

With PEER A, I want to use only G729 (thats is the only codec that this
PEER support), so that the RTP flow will be:
    Phone-----G729----FS-----G729-----PEER_A

With PEER B, I want to use only G711, so:
    Phone-----G711----FS-----G711-----PEER_B

In fact, I'd like to force FS announcing the codec list priority based
on the priority of the codec announced by the PEER, cause FS is unable
to transcode G729 <--> G711.

Tried a lot of things (greedy for codec-negociation, late_codec,
disable_transcoding, codec-prefs) without success.

If you have some clue.

regards,
rod