[Freeswitch-users] No NOTIFY MWI when registering via proxy.

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:17:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 7:59 PM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm testing FS support for the header Path (FS is behind opensips).
> It pretty much works: I tested calling from one user to the other and calls
> work perfectly.
> However, I've noticed that when I register my terminal directly with FS
> without going thru the proxy, I receive an unsolicited NOTIFY containing
> Message-Waiting information. But when I register via proxy, FS doesn't send
> this NOTIFY.
> What could be causing this difference of behavior? (enabling debug (F8)
> doesn't show anything for registration handling).
> I have just updated to trunk Revision 14729 and this behavior persists.
>
> Also, is it possible to disable this unsolicited MWI notification? (I want
> to send it only to subscribed terminals).

OK. I got it this is a bad idea. Now I understand this unsolicited MWI
notification is due to an implicit subscription and so, it is a good thing
because we will reduce load by not having to deal with separate SUBSCRIBE
requests.

However I have yet to figure out why this NOTIFY is not sent when the
REGISTER is relayed by a proxy.