[Freeswitch-users] E1 Sangoma Card

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Sep 2 10:29:08 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Eric Richmond <eric at newvo.com> wrote:

> (Sorry if this has been posted before, or even 2x.  I sent it out the
> first time with the wrong email address, and the 2nd time before i
> confirmed I wanted to be on the list, so my assumption is that it
> hasn't gone out yet, although I might be wrong, and if it has gone out
> before, I'm sorry for spamming the list.  It won't happen in the
> future.)
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has successfully deployed a freeswitch server
> with an E1 card attached.  By looking at the wiki and chatting in IRC,
> I've heard that theoretically a FS + Sangoma E1 card solution should
> work, but I'd really like to hear from someone who actually has it
> working, so I know what gotchas I might encounter.
>
> Any insight into this would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Eric Richmond

Erich,

Yes, FS + Sangoma E1 card has been used. Is it safe to assume that you need
it for PRI? Moises from Sangoma has definitely used it and I believe we have
several people in Europe who are running E1/PRI. Your biggest gotcha is
probably which PRI stack to use, so for now I would use the libpri method
that the devs have created. More info here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/OpenZAP#Adding_libpri_Support

Just curious - what's your application?
-MC