[Freeswitch-users] Many CS_REPORTING state Zombie session

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Sat Oct 31 09:56:17 PDT 2009

Dome, just to explain what Brian is saying:

Doing billing inline in this case means that the session thread (what you
see in show channels). If, for whatever reason, something goes wrong on the
DB connection or task for the billing, this session thread will be stuck
with it leaving it dangling around the system. This is what most likely is
happening to you. The right way to do it is to let the session thread go
(which mod_cdr_csv does) and then process the billing.

None of the methods you have described do that. You might consider
post-processing your CDR/billing information to avoid coming up with this
kind of problem that are very hard to predict.

Hope that helps,

JM

PS: Nonetheless, I still think it is valid to get a core dump like Rupa
metioned.