[Freeswitch-users] Setting up Conference with Moderator

Rob Forman rob4manhere at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:22:53 PDT 2009

I just re-tested with the pin in my dial plan:

   <action application="conference" data="conference 123456 at default
+flags{}+1234" />

And it doesn't challenge me for the pin.  I just drop right in.  I
figured this is how it was intended, since the wiki says the pin is
set initially and only challenged in later attempts [by future callers]:

"The first time a conference name (confname) is used, it will be
created on demand, and the pin will be set to what ever is specified
at that time: the pin in the data string if specified, or if not, the
"pin" setting in the conference profile, and if that is also
unspecified, then there is no pin protection. Any later attempt to
join the conference must specify the same pin number, if one existed
when it was created. "

The wiki also says that the wait-mod might be  "used in conjunction
with an IVR where the moderators are authenticated with an extra pass-
code", which is what I did.  I guess that's why I didn't understand
the point of the +pin.

I'm sure there's a scenario where its used and useful, the wiki just
doesn't explain it.

Rob