[Freeswitch-users] Setting up Conference with Moderator

Rob Forman rob4manhere at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 10:30:23 PDT 2009

The first caller isn't challenged for the pin (don't really know why--
maybe somebody else can elaborate on how the pin is designed to be
used).  So to work around it, I validate the conference pin and
moderator pin independently via an IVR (or dynamically with a script
and odbc call) then put them in the conference with the right profile
and flags.

Here is a simple example (I created these wavs so they aren't in your
default setup but you can get the idea):

in ivr.conf:

     <menu name="conference_menu"
           greet-long="welcome_please_enter_conference_pin.wav"
           greet-short="check_and_try_again.wav"
	  invalid-sound="passcode_invalid.wav"
	  exit-sound="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"
           timeout="10000"
           inter-digit-timeout="5000"
           max-failures="3"
           max-timeouts="3"
           digit-len="7">
       <entry action="menu-sub" digits="123456"
param="conference_123456_moderator_menu" /> <!-- conference moderator
menu -->
     </menu>

     <menu name="conference_123456_moderator_menu"
           greet-
long
=
"conference_confirmed_enter_moderator_pin_or_1_to_join_as_participant
.wav"
           greet-short="check_moderator_pin_or_1_to_join.wav"
           invalid-sound="invalid_moderator_pin.wav"
           exit-sound="voicemail/vm-goodbye.wav"
           timeout="10000"
           inter-digit-timeout="5000"
           max-failures="3"
           max-timeouts="3"
           digit-len="5">
       <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="1234" param="conference
123456 at default+flags{moderator}" />
       <entry action="menu-exec-app" digits="1" param="conference
123456 at default+flags{}" />
      </menu>

You also need to add the "wait-mod" conference-flag to the conference
profile if you want to allow participants to join but not let them
talk until the moderator arrives.

In conference.conf.xml add to the profile you're using (default in
this example):

       <param name="conference-flags" value="wait-mod" />

 From your public dial plan call the IVR or script:
   <action application="ivr" data="conference_menu" />

Now you should be able to call, enter a conference number of 123456
and sit listening to music until the moderator joins (using pin 1234)
and starts the call.  Maybe I completely misunderstood the built-in
pin system but since the first person isn't challenged I had to do it
this way.

Good luck!

Rob