[Freeswitch-users] Force registering external gateways though OpenSIPS load balancer

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 23 06:08:40 PDT 2009

Hello,

in a freeswitch cluster (FS1 and FS2) behind an OpenSIPS I want
Freeswitch to register to external gateways through the OpenSIPS load
balancer, in order to later receive incoming calls through the load
balancer.
Is there a way to tell Freeswitch in it's Gateway definition to define
an additional path (e.g. fs_path) for it's registration, so that all
registrations go via the OpenSIPS load balancer?
Current flow
    FS1(register) => external_gateway (1st FS Machine)
    external_gateway(invite) =>FS1
    FS2(register) => external_gateway (2nd FS Machine)
    external_gateway(invite) =>FS2

Desired flow
    FS1(register) => OpenSIPS => external_gateway (1st FS Machine)
    external_gateway(invite) => OpenSIPS => FS1
    FS2(register) => OpenSIPS => external_gateway (2nd FS Machine)
    external_gateway(invite) => OpenSIPS =>FS2
I tried to add "fs_path" to the gateway definition, but had no success.
It still registered directly.

Maybe by adding via route information or modifying contact header?

Best regards
Peter.