[Freeswitch-users] Proxy media mode with T.38 re-invite

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:20:00 PDT 2009

well, my experience with T.38 is that we switched it off within our network
and now use passthrough instead :P.

the reason:

   - new fax machines that defaults to v.34 and on some you cannot disable
   SG3 at all... just imagine what pain it is to produce a how to disable V.34
   manual for every damn fax machine
   - a variety of T.30 <> T.38 mapping issues, broken GWs/ATAs that don't do
   a correct encoding/decoding expectantly when it comes to a terminating fax
   server that doesn't send a proper EOP... God save our souls...
   - our network has very low jitter - up to 40 ms , so passthrough works
   perfect
   - bandwidth become cheap :=)
   - and ... don't even remember any fax issues after shutdown T.38

i could go with the list... but i suppose you have better things to do  :P

T.