[Freeswitch-users] Qustion about INFO messages after Connect/Answer

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Oct 20 09:19:45 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Helmut Kuper <helmut.kuper at ewetel.de>wrote:

> Hello Anthony,
>

> On 19.10.2009 22:07, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> > please update and test trunk
> >
> > 1) I changed the core to remove the excess data by default in your
> scenario
> > 2) I added variables you can use to control it
> > origination_callee_id_name origination_callee_id_number which belong in
> > {} in the dial string eg
> {origination_callee_id_number=1234}openzap/1/a/1234
>
> updated and testet for SIP calls. "origination_callee_id_number=1234"
> works within the dial string and via using "export" application but not
> via "set" application. Didn't test it for openzap, yet but I guess it
> will work, too.

Thanks for testing. BTW, according to Tony's instructions the user needs to
put the variable definition inside the {} of the dialstring. This means that
the vars are designed for the new leg, not the local leg, which means that
"export" would work but "set" would not. (Remember, "set" is to set a chan
var on the local channel, "export" will set a chan var locally *and* on the
other call leg. See also the "nolocal" option of export.)

> What left is that "unknown" thing on callee's display (SIP phones only I
> guess) ... I would suggest to make sending "unknown" INFO message
> optional, but to be honest, I have no idea for what it was invented, so
> maybe my suggestion is nonsens.

Under what conditions did you see "unknown"? I'm wondering if the user can
just pick a default other than "unknown" if he wants something else to be
displayed.

Thoughts?
-MC