[Freeswitch-users] Status of ubuntu/debian packages.

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Mon Oct 19 14:40:30 PDT 2009

I was under the impression that if you mark the files as conffiles you
get the default behavior which prompts for diff/overwrite/edit
options.  If you want to get real fancy, look into using ucf to do
three-way diffs between installed default, user modifications and new
default.

Finally, I have checked the current package state, but please put all
the confs in a separate package and make it a suggests not a depends.
I absolutely hate how debian packages keep creating files that I've
removed (ex: in our case would be eg: 1000.xml).  Since conf is so
small,  maybe two.  one that puts them in /etc for people that want
quick out of the box setup and one that puts 'em in
/usr/share/doc/freeswitch/examples for people that want to use the
current defaults as a sample rather than as the basis for their
config.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 4:28 PM, William King <quentusrex at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the catch. I have fixed the valet_parking as of last night.
> And cluechoo will be fixed after this upcoming nightly.
>
> Does anyone know how the other packages deal with locally modified
> config files? I like the idea of adding the diffs, but prompting first
> per file to see if it should be ignored, diffed, or overwritten.
>
> -William King
>
> Dmitry Bely wrote:
>> Can you build FreeSWITCH .deb package with tls transport support?
>> Anyway it already depends on openssl package.
>>
>> Another problem:
>>
>> 2009-10-20 00:28:50.728557 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:871 Error
>> **/opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_cluechoo.so: cannot open shared object file:
>> No such file or directory**
>> 2009-10-20 00:28:50.728604 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:871 Error
>> **/opt/freeswitch/mod/mod_valet_parking.so: cannot open shared object
>> file: No such file or directory**
>>
>> Modules mod_cluechoo & mod_valet_parking are referenced in the config
>> but not present in the package.
>>
>> - Dmitry Bely

-Rupa