[Freeswitch-users] Status of ubuntu/debian packages.

Patrick List freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 18 04:31:17 PDT 2009

On 10/18/2009 11:49 AM, Dmitry Bely wrote:
> William,
>
> When I upgrade freeswitch-config package, all my customized config
> files are silently overwritten with the default ones from .deb
> package. This bug is quite annoying.

Hope you have a recent backup. Years ago when I created rpm packages for
Asterisk I chose to put the default config files in it's own directory
so there was no chance of your customized configs getting overwritten.
Example:
/opt/freeswitch/etc/freeswitch-$svn_version-samples/

Maybe the maintainer of the debs can do something similar.

Regards,
Patrick