[Freeswitch-users] Changing display text on phones (sip_from_user)

Weigel, Stefan Stefan.Weigel at allianz-warranty.com
Thu Oct 15 08:16:22 PDT 2009

Hi list,

I'm playing around with this wonderful, mighty solution.
Setup so far:

I created a gateway pointing to my ITSP (sip.qsc.de). Outbound calls getting in an depending on the channel variable

sip_to_user I want to rewrite the sip_from_user (=text which get's displayed in the phones):

      <condition field="${sip_to_user}" expression="^0.*974$" break="never">
        <action application="set" data="sip_from_user='IT_Hotline'"/>

 My telephone rings but it's always showing the original dialer number. I also tried the variables

username
caller_id_name
sip_contact_user

in the application info log it's showing me:

Caller-Username: [01732898376]
Caller-Dialplan: [XML]
Caller-Caller-ID-Name: [01732898376]
Caller-Caller-ID-Number: [01732898376]

[..]

variable_sip_from_user: ['IT_Hotline']
variable_sip_from_user_stripped: ['IT_Hotline']
variable_sip_contact_user: ['IT_Hotline']

Is there any chance to rewrite only the part that's getting displayed on the phone  (e.g. From: IT_Hotline sip:123456 at sip.qsc.de) ?

Thanks and best regards

Stefan

Stefan Weigel
Advanced IT-Professional
Tel.: +49 89 2000 48 975
Fax: +49 89 2000 48 566
eMail: Stefan.Weigel at allianz-warranty.com<mailto:Stefan.Weigel at allianz-warranty.com>
Allianz Automotive Services GmbH
Einsteinring 28
85609 Aschheim
Germany

http://www.allianz-warranty.com
Geschäftsführung: Andreas Rösing, Horst Ziegler
Amtsgericht München, HRB 175682
Für Umsatzsteuerzwecke: Ust-ID-Nr.: DE 262 617 720