[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH training poll: please vote soon

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Oct 14 12:56:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Simon J Mudd <sjmudd at pobox.com> wrote:

> msc at freeswitch.org (Michael Collins) writes:
>
> > Please go vote here:
> > http://www.freeswitch.org/node/208
> >
> > Be honest - we need real feedback. Don't click the first choice unless
> you
> > really have the money. :)
>
> There's a missing option IMO at least for SOHO people like
> myself. That's better documentation, such as books on FreeSWITCH,
> perhaps showing how to build a small SOHO system, perhaps using
> "standard" example components like a few hard SIP phones and a SIP
> gateway, and perhaps a local SIP -> PSTN gateway.  Then show how to
> configure things like recording conversations, enable "out of hours"
> voicemail for "non-special" outside callers.  Something like that.
>
> I'd buy a book that covered stuff like that today. I bought several
> books on VoIP, a couple of Asterisk books and have read some related
> RFCs but I'm not a VoIP professioal.  So any (good) books on FreeSWITCH
> would help me adapt my knowledge on Asterisk to FreeSWITCH, and help
> me setup FreeSWITCH the way I want.

We are aware of this issue and are addressing it separately. Pretty much
everyone is on board with better written documentation. This poll is
specifically asking about on-site training or a boot-camp style training
program, both of which would require a serious financial commitment from the
participants. If you are not in a position for serious FS training then
option #3 would be for you.
-MC