[Freeswitch-users] Preannouncing a message before making a call

Simon J Mudd sjmudd at pobox.com
Tue Oct 13 13:51:14 PDT 2009

I'm looking to migrate to Freeswitch from Asterisk (SOHO usage).
One thing I have configured at the moment which I'm unsure how to do in
FreeSwitch is the following.

When the call's dial pattern is recognised I've been getting Asterisk
to say: "Dialing <destination> via <gateway>" where <destination> might
be a country, or area and <gateway> may be the name of one of several
SIP gateways I have configured.  Each phrase has been a prerecorded wav
file played in sequence.

[macro-XXXXX]
exten => s,1,Playback(/etc/asterisk/wav/dialing)
exten => s,2,Playback(/etc/asterisk/wav/${ARG2})    # Name of destination
exten => s,3,Playback(/etc/asterisk/wav/via)
exten => s,4,Playback(/etc/asterisk/wav/XXXXX)      # Gateway name
exten => s,5,Dial(SIP/XXXXX/${ARG1},60,tT)          # ARG1 = Destination number

# actual usage
exten => _0044.,1,Macro(XXXXX,${EXTEN},touk)

How would I approach doing something like this in FreeSwtich?

Thanks for any pointers.

Simon