[Freeswitch-users] mod_opal - call charged before H.225 connect

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:41:13 PDT 2009

Diego,

what i'm pointing here is the situation where you have a great product that
lacks in one of most common protocol. It is true H323 is going to disappear
(eventually), it is true that the community prefers SIP/IAX instead ... but
the reality still remains. H323 is going to be used for quite a long time to
exchange a lot of traffic while FS will be left aside. Today, when you setup
an IP peering interconnection 80% of carriers will prefer H323.

Of course, developing something costs "time" (and we all know what time
stands for...) and as i said, i understand the financial point of view and i
really understand if nobody is going to work on that, but let's face it FS
doesn't have any usable module to reliably handle H323 protocol.

said that, i don't intend to offend anyone... just facing the reality.

regarding the h323 module, we don't have any issue fixing the existing or
developing a new one... but before we go developing something it is always
better check if the thing you want already exists in an usable state or
not... that's what i did today.

So, I'm interested in a reliable module handling H323v4... anyone else?

T.