[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan Issue

Shelby Ramsey sicfslist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:27:47 PDT 2009

Hello:

I asked this on IRC yesterday and I think I confused everyone involved.  So
I apologize in advance here for reposting the question and if I wasted
anyone's time.

So here is the issue I'm having.  I'm trying to use FS as a redirect server
(specifically to serve up LNP queries via 302 redirects).  But I'm having an
issue where based on the string in the dialplan FS will respond with a 500
internal error message instead of a 300 redirect.

The call flow should be this:
   -- remote party sends an Invite to my FS instance
   -- FS should respond with a 302

The following works as expected (FS will send a 302 when it receives an
Invite):

<action application="redirect" data="sip:${destination_number}@
${network_addr};rn=${rn};npdi=yes"/>

However if I do this (which is the way the response should look) FS will
respond with a 500 internal server error:

<action application="redirect"
data="sip:${destination_number};rn=${rn};npdi=yes@${network_addr}"/>

So the issue is the placement of the user params .... if they are before the
@ FS will send a 500 internal server error ... if they are after the @ FS
will send a 302.  Unfortunately placing the user params after the @ doesn't
quite conform to the way other devices expect to receive the 302 for this
application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shelby

PS ... hats off to the author of mod_memcache ... that is extremely useful!