[Freeswitch-users] custom call counter

Juan Backson juanbackson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:48:21 PST 2009

Hi,

Instead of using "show calls count" to obtain the current call count stat, I
am writing some C code to increment a counter during on_answer_hook and
decrement the counter during on_hangup_hook.

It looks like my counter result is very closed to "show calls count" when
the traffic is low, like 50 -60.  But when traffic is high, like 1000 calls,
my counter is showing 30% less.

When all calls are finished, my counter becomes 0 again, and that proves
that it does not increment/decrement more than it should.

Is this normal?  Does anyone have any idea why there is such discrepancy?

thanks,
jb