[Freeswitch-users] Faxing Advice

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Wed Nov 25 21:42:28 PST 2009

I need to make faxing easy for some very computer illiterate folk. I am using an email
service and going to use procmail to print anything incoming automatically but they cant
get the hang of scanning to an email app, so I am going to buy a Linksys PAP2T as per the
wiki.

Since the setup will never receive inbound remote faxes, I just need to direct all fax's
sent from the FXS port (that extension) to the email script in the wiki substituting the
destination # as the alias portion of the email.

So if I create a dialplan that catches the caller_id_number of the FXS port, does the $1
variable exist in the following scenario:

<action application="system" data="/opt/freeswitch/scripts/emailfax.sh $1 at fax.com /tmp/${uuid}.rxfax.tiff"/>

as that's how our service requires fax's, the 10 digit # at their domain, fax.com. Is this
a plausible setup?

Lastly, I see in the interop list that Audiocodes Mediapack 114 is supported, but the 202
is not listed, is that simply because its new or is it known to not work? Given that its
the same price as the Linksys, I would rather get it.

Thanks!
jlc