[Freeswitch-users] ATA that supports TLS/SRTP w FS

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Nov 25 00:14:53 PST 2009

Mark Campbell-Smith <mcampbellsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the SPA3102 support TLS or only SRTP?

I don't know, but supporting only SRTP would be ridiculous, since the keys
would then be transmitted in the clear and therefore amenable to interception.
SRTP requires the SIP channel to be encrypted by TLS in order to be secure.
ZRTP, on the other hand, doesn't have this limitation: it works entirely in
RTP.

I would be rather surprised were a hardware manufacturer to implement SRTP
without TLS for the SIP traffic. On the other hand, we've seen often in this
forum that some manufacturers are really clueless...