[Freeswitch-users] Analog phone with ATA. Phone Won't Dial Out, but can receive calls - Updated

Dave Stevenson stevendt at primrosebank.net
Sat Nov 21 04:10:23 PST 2009

Sorry for the extended forum thread on this subject - This really IS the
last post !

I have now got the ATA to work without the dialplan fix provided by Michael.

After I'd implemented the "fix", I had more of an idea of what the problem
was and was better able to go through the Polycom VPA-11 setup screens
through its web interface to see if there were any options that might have
had a bearing on the problem.

Under Configuration
    VoIP
        Non-Line Config
            General Parameters
                VoIP General

There is an option to "Append UserId" - the Default Value is Yes.

That was where the "extra characters" were coming from.

Setting this option to No, makes the ATA behave more as expected,

Regards
Dave