[Freeswitch-users] APT Utility

David V. Fansler dfansler at dv-fansler.com
Thu Nov 19 18:18:36 PST 2009

Thanks for your answers Rob and Shelby.  I found more info on apt-get and
ran it against all the missing dependences noted.  I also ran through  the
sequence of commands Shelby suggested.  In the end, running dpkg
-checkbuilddeps I got the following in return

dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unnet builddependencies: debhelper (>=5)

then followed the instructions for Ubuntu to enable freeswitch

nano /etc/default/freeswitch

FREESWITCH_ENABLE="true"

And then tried

invoke -rc.d freeswitch start

but nothing obvious happened.

I am only using Ubuntu since it came as a free DVD in the Linux Pro mag that
the article about Freeswitch was in.  Is there a better version of Linux to
use?
thanks

David

David V. Fansler