[Freeswitch-users] Need help configuring our FreeSWITCH instance

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Nov 19 12:57:10 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, John Platts <john_platts at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I have installed FreeSWITCH on our server, and need some help configuring
> our FreeSWITCH instance. All of the numbers associated with our FreeSWITCH
> instance are in the format: 1NPANXXXXXX (where NPA is the area code, and
> NXXXXXX are the last 7 digits of the phone number).
>
> I need the following configuration:
>
>    - Calls coming from our IP to IP gateway into our FreeSWITCH instance
>    needs to be routed to the endpoint that is registered with FreeSWITCH
>    - Calls coming from any of the registered SIP endpoints need to be sent
>    to the appropriate destination. The appropriate destination for any number
>    that is not registered with FreeSWITCH is our IP to IP gateway.
>    - Our IP to IP gateway does not require any SIP registration or
>    authentication.
>    - G.729 (but not G.729 Annex B), G.711 mu-law, and G.711 A-law need to
>    be enabled
>    - SIP registrar enabled for registering endpoints other than our IP-IP
>    gateway
>    - SIP traffic needs to be accepted to and from both the IP-IP gateway
>    and from the registered SIP endpoints.
>

> How do I get the above configured in FreeSWITCH?
>
> I'd say you have two choices: roll up your sleeves and start learning or
email consulting at freeswitch.org and get some paid help. All of the questions
you asked are answered in the wiki (and in some cases, mailing list history)
but the answers require some foundational knowledge for them to make sense.
If you are not a VoIP user then I'd recommend going the paid route and
getting a professional to assist you - it will be the fastest way to get up
and running.

-MC