[Freeswitch-users] How to implement mod_lcr + mod_limit

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Thu Nov 19 05:03:51 PST 2009

Using lcr_auto_route + limit isn't really possible at this point.  It
is on the list of things to do but is more complex than it seems on
it's surface.

mod_lcr just constructs dial strings, it doesn't do any call control.
It does provide enough information to do what you want via a scripting
language like lua.

mod_lcr sets channel vars lcr_route_count which tells you how many
routes there are.  It also sets lcr_route_N (where N is 1 to
lcr_route_count) which contains each lcr route.  You can then iterate
over the routes, set limit try to bridge and loop until success.

Arguably this should be done from within FS so that you could just use
lcr_auto_route (assuming mod_lcr can pull limit info from the routes
db).  That is "the plan" but a workable solution hasn't magically
appeared yet.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Ahmed Munir <ahmedmunir007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've worked on setup for carriers routing using mod_lcr + mod_nibble +
> mod_xml_curl and mod_xml_cdr. The setup is working fine as I desired. Now I
> want to include mod_limit in to my setup.
>
> As I read the wiki pages of mod_limit I want to know how can I limit the
> calls per destination basis while running mod_lcr? Because LCR is routing to
> different carriers, how can I call mod_limit in mod_lcr?
>
> Kindly advise this issue soon.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Ahmed Munir