[Freeswitch-users] mod_fifo and multi-tenancy

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Nov 18 17:45:45 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> About mod_fifo, it would be safe to use it in multi-tenancy scenarios
>>> where domains are created and deleted all the time and in consequence, fifos
>>> are created all the time? I mean, fifos are eventually destroyed by mod_fifo
>>> itself. Is this correct?
>>>
>>> br,
>>> takeshi
>>>

>> No, FIFOs are not "destroyed" automatically just because the last member
>> goes away. Tony says that an empty FIFO takes up almost no memory so
>> performance shouldn't be an issue. You can always issue the API command:
>> *fifo reparse del_all* to clean everything out if you feel like things
>> are getting out of hand.
>>

> Thanks,
> I have updated the mod_fifo wiki page.

FYI, I was doing some other research and I noticed this on the mod_fifo wiki
page:

*fifo_destroy_after_use*: FreeSWITCH automatically create a new FIFO when
the first time use it, and keep in the memory hash. This var tell FreeSWITCH
destroy it to save memory. Using for a one time FIFO.

So... you do have that option as well.
-MC