[Freeswitch-users] Problem with Siemens A580 IP Phones

VedaM vedamaker at netscape.net
Mon Nov 16 00:29:36 PST 2009

I discovered that the problem was due to having the incoming PSTN line
connected to FS and the Siemens A580 base station.  The Siemens A580
handsets were configured not to accept incoming calls from the PSTN but that
does not seem work.  In any case, I have disconnected the PSTN line from the
Siemens A580 base station but I am still not able to use FS to transfer
incoming calls between the Siemens A580 handsets.  When I answer an incoming
call with one handset (ext 1011) and use the "*1" DTMF command to transfer
to another handset (ext 1012) the call is transferred to voicemail because
the second handset (ext 1012) returns a 486 (Busy Here) status.  Since you
are using the same phones, can you tell me if you are able to use FS to
transfer calls between handsets?  If yes, how are you doing it?  Your help
is appreciated.