[Freeswitch-users] Forwarding calls to an outside number - OpenZAP

Russell Mosemann Russell.Mosemann at cune.org
Wed Nov 11 17:36:21 PST 2009

Adam Ford wrote:

> I have also noted that I can simply bridge the call out another line on
> the T1 through Openzap. However, that seems to tie up 2 lines just to
> forward a call. This is not a desirable solution.

That's the way it has to work with any phone system, including your cell phone. If your cell phone provider received a call for you and you had forwarded cell phone calls to another number, your cell phone provider would have to route the incoming call out another line to the next destination. That takes two lines (or channels). That's what forwarding means. One incoming call bridged to one outgoing call.

--
Russell Mosemann