[Freeswitch-users] How to pick up someone's phone remotely.

Piotr Żurek piotr_zurek at biprotech.com
Tue Nov 10 07:01:17 PST 2009

Hello.

Thank You developers for Freeswitch.
I have installed it lately and it's working quite nicely, but I have one
problem:

I need to mimic behavior of my current analogue PBX installation using
Freeswitch.

This is the scenario:
In the office with a few desks (extensions 1000-1010) and only one
person behind one of desks (whatever extension - in example 1000).
1. There's incoming call on _one_ of extensions 1001-1010
2. The person on extension 1000 wants to answer this call on his phone
so dials #37 and this call is redirected to his phone.

That's how it works on my office on analogue PBX system. Anyone can
answer a call from any other phone as long as it hasn't been answered
already.

I tried to use the intercept action (with global example in default
config) but it's not what I need because it intercepts the call even if
it's already answered. I need to intercept all but only unanswered
calls. I tried to use Redirect but it does not work on other's
extensions call's (or does it?).

Please help.
Peter Żurek