[Freeswitch-users] Right way to start FS on CentOS at boot-time?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Nov 9 11:16:27 PST 2009

Hello

For those of you running FS on CentOS (5.4) who compiled FS from SVN, I'd
like to make sure I'm doing it right to have FS start automatically at
boot-time:

1. cp /usr/src/freeswitch/build/freeswitch.init.redhat
/etc/init.d/freeswitch
2. vi /etc/init.d/freeswitch:

    PID_FILE=${PID_FILE-/usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.pid}
    FS_FILE=${FS_FILE-/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch}
    FS_HOME=${FS_HOME-/usr/local/freeswitch}

3. chmod 755 /etc/init.d/freeswitch
4. chkconfig --level 345 freeswitch on
5. chkconfig --list freeswitch
6. (why needed in addition to chkconfig?) ln -s /etc/init.d/freeswitch
/usr/sbin/rcfreeswitch

To manually start the server:
Launch the server through the rc.d script: /etc/init.d/freeswitch start

Is the above correct?

Thank you.