[Freeswitch-users] Monitoring via SNMP

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 9 10:32:03 PST 2009

2009/11/9 Dimitar Dechev <ddechev at nutel.cc>

>  Dear All,
>

> I couldn’t find much information about how to monitor Freeswitch via SNMP
> like how many calls/legs I have, how many CAPs, and etc. One of the thing I
> do currently is to make simple bash script which in general runs “fs_cli  -x
> ‘show calls count’” or some other command and call that script via
> snmpd.conf.
>

> I would appreciate if somebody tell me if they is snmp module in
> Freeswitch, or provide with link/method from where I can read some
> information.
>

> Thanks!

Sorry, no SNMP. However, there is something with a little more power: the
event socket. You can use the ESL (event socket library) to write your own
monitor script. More info:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket

Also, if you really wanted to, you could do the "fs_cli -x 'foo bar'" stuff
but there are more elegant and powerful ways of handing this.
-MC