[Freeswitch-users] Dial Plan Question

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Nov 4 14:58:44 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Jerry Richards
<jerry.richards at teotech.com>wrote:

> Okay.  Say we want 1000 internal user extensions and want them to be
> configured with individual dial plans that route the call based on the
> extension's callgroup, time-of-day, and presence.  Would be okay to create
> static XML dialplan file for each extension, so calls to/from each
> extension
> would be routed uniquely based upon these parameters?  This approach sounds
> straightforward to us.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jerry

By "static" do you mean "doesn't change very often"? :) I don't see why you
couldn't do this, although I'd be interested in knowing how easy/hard it is
for you to maintain something like this. My guess is that those who have
dialplans this large and complex are probably using mod_xml_curl and serving
up their dialplans from another server.

-MC