[Freeswitch-users] Sipura Codec Problem

Arsen Chaloyan achaloyan at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 11:12:52 PST 2009

Actually, there were a few more misinterpretations in earlier software of Cisco Gateways, which RFC implementers had to address in RFC3551, strange ...

RTP Payload Type 19 remains reserved because "some implementations" wrongly interpreted 13 decimal as 13 hexadecimal value.
Another issue is G726 bit packing. Again "some implementations" used wrong bit packing and RFC3551 tried to partially resolve this conflict introducing new payload format named AAL2-G726 ...