[Freeswitch-users] Problem about play wav file in conference

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sun May 31 18:57:31 PDT 2009

zhaoxxqq <zhaoxxqq at 163.com> wrote:
> I use event socket to send command to FS conference.
> I send " conference testconf play /root/test.wav" in console. It worked ok.
> I send "api conference testconf play /record/test.wav" by event socket. and the response is"Disconneted, Good bye.See you at ClueCon..".
> I changed the wav file to www root. the same problem. can you help me?

It worked fine for me over the event socket.

api conference 3300-192.168.0.2 play /tmp/msg.wav

(play) Playing file /tmp/msg.wav

and I can hear the file that is being played.

be sure to check the permissions not only of the file, but of all parent
directories, to ensure that the FreeSWITCH process has access.

My test is with rev. 13523.