[Freeswitch-users] Problem: re-invite with 'inactive' SDP and 'bridge' function

Artem Shiyanov shiyanov at gmail.com
Wed May 27 09:45:26 PDT 2009

I've just tried native "hold" X-Lite hold with FreeSwitch - it works.
When you hold call, X-Lite (eyeBeam) sends re-INVITE with SDP
v=0
o=- 8 3 IN IP4 172.16.0.6
s=CounterPath eyeBeam 1.5
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
t=0 0
m=audio 43362 RTP/AVP 3 101
a=fmtp:101 0-15
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=sendonly

SJPhone does the same way.
I also tried to send the same - own SDP with
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
a=sendonly
but no luck.

Probably mentioned sopftphones simply do not play incomming media when the
call is holded?
In general, is how should I hold a call using FS?