[Freeswitch-users] Origionate a call via event_socket. relation between job_uuid and uuid

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed May 27 05:59:42 PDT 2009

Here are 3 ways:

1) subscribe to the BACKGROUND_JOB event and find the one with the same
job-uuid
    then the body of that message is the output from your backgrounded FSAPI
call which in the case
    of an originate will contain the uuid of the actual channel.

2) You can do as suggested and add {myvar=myval} prefix to the dialstring
and look for
    myvar in the channel_originate event.

3) Finally you can choose the uuid in advance providing it's actually unique
using:

    {origination_uuid=XYZ}

    You can use your own code to generate uuid (make sure they are unique)
or
    ask the core to give you a new uuid with the create_uuid FSAPI call.

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM, Peter P GMX <Prometheus001 at gmx.net> wrote:

> I want to do the following:
> Originate a call via event_socket, I get back a job_uuid. Then I want to
> control the call when it's established (2 call legs).
> Scanning the variables of the 2 call legs I currentyl cannot see any
> relation between the job_uuid and the uuid of the resulting call legs.
> I may set a variable with my own unique id while originating a call, but
> finding the calls later on and dumping the variables fo all channels is
> very time consuming in terms of CPU.
>
> A workaround I tried, is to set caller-id or caller-id-number with a
> unique id. This works, but has the known side effects of not having a
> valid caller-id or caller-id-number.
>
> So my question is: Has anybody an idea how to build a relationship
> between job_uuid and the resulting call legs which does not require
> dumping the variables of all channels?
>
> Best regards
> Peter

Anthony Minessale II