[Freeswitch-users] Double-dtmf detection in IVR when a call is routed through FreeSWITCH

Drew Ozier drew.ozier at gmail.com
Tue May 26 13:36:40 PDT 2009

I've got a configuration where I receive inbound calls and dial out to a
pre-determined 800-number based on the DNIS of the call. I set <action
application="start_dtmf"/> and have everything set up so that DTMF only
comes to me via inband. When I'm providing DTMF data to the IVR, it will
recognize a single keypress as a double-tap. My FreeSWITCH logs only contain
one DTMF entry, but when I listen to the receiving end of the call, I can
hear a hiccup in the DTMF tone that is getting played. When I do not use
'start_dtmf', this problem goes away. I need inband DTMF detection, but I
can't have it messing up the audio stream. Any thoughts?

-Drew Ozier