[Freeswitch-users] IVR xml dialplan for outbound calls

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue May 26 12:02:01 PDT 2009

This is totally possible. You need to look at the originate command. Also,
if you have an IVR or a dialplan extension that does what you want - plays
prompts, accepts DTMF digits from caller, etc. - then you can use it with
inbound or outbound calls. For an outbound call just route it to the dp
extension. For example to route an outbound call to the demo IVR do this:

originate sofia/gateway/mygatewayname/18005551212 5000

Have fun.
-MC