[Freeswitch-users] Conference users hear MOH until leader enters?

j3flight jcromes at gmail.com
Tue May 26 06:20:54 PDT 2009

I'm attempting to replicate the behavior of an Asterisk system with
FreeSwitch and I need a feature that, I'm surprised to say, doesn't seem to
be supported (easily).

Ok, so I've setup my dialplan so that when a specific extension is hit, it
calls out to some javascript which acts like an IVR to handle the conference
setup.  (Similar to this:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_confcall_js but with my own
improvements.)  Anyway, the conferences are stored permanently in a
database, but I want them protected by their "owner" so they can only be
used when that conference owner dials.  If other users have entered the
conference prior to the owner, they should hear music-on-hold until the
leader enters.

This is easy in Asterisk because you can pop someone into MeetMe with
different flags.  So, in my IVR, I prompt for the "conference number" (known
to all) and then the "password" (known only to the owner/leader).  If the
proper password is entered, the user is sent to conference XYZ with the
leader flag set.  If no password is entered, the user goes to conference
XYZ, without the leader flag.  If anyone enters before the leader, they're
told by MeetMe that "the conference will begin when the leader arrives" and
MeetMe provides MOH until that time.

Help!  This is an absolute deal-breaker for my install...  How can I do this
in FreeSwitch?
Thanks...