[Freeswitch-users] Nokia SIP clients: share your working config?

Simon Tennant simon at imaginator.com
Sat May 23 11:23:15 PDT 2009

I have a pretty basic setup where many nokia sip clients (user agent:
Nokia-SIPUA) behind different home NATs need to connect to a publicly
accessible IP address running Freeswitch (freeswitch is then connected
to SIP trunks and either routes the calls between handsets or outbound
to the PSTN).

I'm wondering if anyone could share their configurations for getting
this to work *well*.  I never really got it working well enough to be
considered production quality on Asterisk but was hoping that someone
had gone through some learning that would save me some debugging hours.

Ideally I'm looking for a combination of client configuration options
and server configuration that works well together - like should I use
the IP address of the server on the client or a DNS name?  And whats the
best way to configure Freeswitch to make like easier for a random
sip-capable Nokia handset to connect to freeswitch.

Could anyone post working freeswitch configurations before I start on
what turned out to be an endless and ultimately unsuccessful pursuit in
Asterisk-land?

S.

--

fixed: .uk +44 20 7043 6756          .de +49 89 420 955 854
  mob: .uk +44 78 5335 6047          .de +49 17 8545 0880
 xmpp: simon at buddycloud.com