[Freeswitch-users] calls appear to be dropping ... from landlines

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu May 21 19:36:55 PDT 2009

Dale Trub <daletrub at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations about how to troubleshoot this?
sofia profile external siptrace on
and watch the SIP traces to see what happens.

> Any known issues/patches in FS that could be biting us?

You didn't say which version you were running. Does the problem still occur
with the latest version from svn trunk?

I assume there is a SIP service provider somewhere between your FreeSWITCH
system and the PSTN. It is quite possible that the problem is on their end,
especially if their system is terminating the calls. From the logs, it just
looks like a standard hangup, which leads me to wonder whether the other side
is responsible.

Collecting SIP traces would seem to be a good idea.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, and I'm sure there are paid contractors in the
community who will gladly help, for a fee.