[Freeswitch-users] calls appear to be dropping ... from landlines

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu May 21 19:28:21 PDT 2009

On May 21, 2009, at 9:15 PM, Dale Trub wrote:

> We're running FreeSwitch as part of a teleconferencing service,
> inside a telcom (so no
> internet latency/NAT issues) and using g.729

So you're using g729 with conferences?

> We are receiving some complaints of dropped calls,
> including from landlines.   This means they join the conference, and
> x minutes in they simply drop.
>
> I know that cellphones tend to drop calls frequently, but landlines
> are pretty reliable, and we're hearing it a lot.  From the
> FreeSwitch side of things, it just
> looks like those callers hung up (but then dialed back in just a
> moment later).
>
> I'm attaching two different snippets of the FS log files where these
> issues are occurring.

Next time please call them .txt because you cause extra work to have
to open them otherwise.

> Does anyone have any recommendations about how to troubleshoot this?
>
> Any known issues/patches in FS that could be biting us?

Depends you failed to include some very valid info such as what
version or svn rev you're running and what linux distro.

Yes covered on the wiki.  http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Debugging_Freeswitch

email consulting at freeswitch.org

> Any help appreciated ... this is a major issue for us!
>
> Thanks much,
>
> -Dale

Brian West
brian at freeswitch.org