[Freeswitch-users] Testimonials

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Tue May 19 10:54:46 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:49:27AM -0700, Maxim Tsvetov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our company want to use Freeswitch and now we testing this solution in the
> lab.
>
> If someone already using Freeswitch as office pbx, ivr or any other
> commercial purposes
> could you please share you experience (and if it is not a secret - company
> name)?

As of tonight we'll be doing all our PRI<->VoIP gateways using
FreeSWITCH and once that's done we'll be replacing our ancient Nortel
PBX using FreeSWITCH and probably snom phones. In addition, we're
developing a complete open-source call center solution on top of
FreeSWITCH (unified communications, skill based routing, all that jazz).

I don't know if I should give out my company's name but I can link you
to opencsm.org where the callcenter stuff is being developed under a
subsidiary company; SpiceCSM.

Really, I couldn't ask for anything more than FreeSWITCH has provided,
it's the perfect platform for building VoIP enabled systems on top of
because at heart it's just a softswitch with lots of cool modules that
you can choose if you want or not. Developing for it (writing modules or
stuff on top of it) is also great because the code is nice and clean and
the interfaces for communicating with FS (xml curl, event socket, etc)
are consistant and stable.

Andrew