[Freeswitch-users] SIP/2.0 482 Request merged vs 200 OK

dujinfang dujinfang at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:34:16 PDT 2009

On register, sometimes my voip client got SIP/2.0 482 Request merged
sometimes got 200 ok.

482 also means loop detected. my client only has one account logged in
only one place, and no proxy, can I take 482 as 200 OK?

Thanks.

from RFC 3261:

"8.2.2.2 Merged Requests

    If the request has no tag in the To header field, the UAS core MUST
    check the request against ongoing transactions.  If the From tag,
    Call-ID, and CSeq exactly match those associated with an ongoing
    transaction, but the request does not match that transaction (based
    on the matching rules in Section 17.2.3), the UAS core SHOULD
    generate a 482 (Loop Detected) response and pass it to the server
    transaction."