[Freeswitch-users] crash-protection and monit

Mathieu Rene mrene_lists at avgs.ca
Mon May 18 09:27:52 PDT 2009

Hi,

Crash protection catches segmentation faul signals and try to kill
that thread only. It works for "stupid" errors like a null pointer
dereference, but in most scenarios, a crash means something in the
process memory was corrupted. Ignoring it will just make it crash
later on, thats why the default is false.

Now if you have a crash, you should update to svn trunk and if it
still happens, report it on Jira ( see http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs
  ) so someone can look at it and fix it.

Math