[Freeswitch-users] Cisco 7905G IP Phone and Freeswitch

Errol Livingston living1108 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:47:17 PDT 2009

I've compiled/configured freeSwitch  on Debian Etch - IP 192.168.24.10 on a
computer at home behind a NATing firewall.

My firewall/router has SIP (5080) and RTP (16834-) ports forwarded to the
computer running  freeSwitch.

My setup is as follows:

a) 2 Cisco 7905G IP phones configured with the latest firmware at extensions
1000 & 1004

b) X-Lite softphone at extension 1001.

c) X-Lite softphone at extension 2010 at my office.

Calls between ALL devices on my LAN (extensions 100x ) work without
problems.

I can receive calls from extension 2010 to the X_Lite extension (1001) on my
LAN.

My problem is that audio from external extension 2010 to either Cisco IP
phones on my LAN
is one-way. Cisco 7905G to X-Lite works but X-Lite to Cisco 7905G does not!

The X-Lite phone at extension 2010 is also behind a NATing firewall!

Has  anyone experienced this issue before?