[Freeswitch-users] Disable early media (how to)?

Vlasis Hatzistavrou (KTI) vhatz at kinetix.gr
Wed May 13 06:26:10 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to disable early media in both directions
during the call negotiation. In the following scenario:

Originator SIP Client -- SIP --> FS

with ignore_early_media=true, FS starts sending RTP audio to the
originator right after the "200 OK" is sent from FS to originator. This
is correct.

However, FS sends SDP information in the Session Progress (183) message
before the "200 OK", and the originator client sends RTP before the call
is answered. The strange thing is that SDP is sent again in the "200"
message although it is already sent in the 183 message (I don't know if
this redundant behavior is acceptable in SIP, I have a mostly H323
background)

So, in this way early media is disabled only for the audio from FS to
the client, but not from the client to FS.

My question is: how can I prevent FS from sending SDP in the 183 message
and send it only in the 200 message?

I searched the mailing list archives but didn't come up with anything.
Any help is appreciated.

--
Best regards,
Vlasis Hatzistavrou.