[Freeswitch-users] mod_event_socket 183 early media

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed May 13 05:58:51 PDT 2009

you *need* park because you have to have somewhere to anchor the call to and
the park function is the routine
that actually parses all the DTMF and the commands you send the channel with
sendmsg etc.

I would have to look into refactoring it so when there is no media on the
channel, it would sleep in place
of reading audio but if you send it any instruction that required media like
playback etc it would still instantly send
a 183.

Don't forget we are a b2bua here so proxying calls is only smoke and mirrors
for us.

Just as if you put a playback "please_wait.wav" before bridge, when you try
to use a media enabled app
it will automatically generate a 183 to establish early media to make it
possible.

I'll see what I can do, it may be difficult to avoid regressions, don't
forget my wishlist if i pull it off ;)

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 2:30 AM, Mikael Aleksander Bjerkeland <
mikael at bjerkeland.com> wrote:

> I've been looking for something like this as well, to make the outbound
> event socket behave more like FastAGI and handle the logic.
>

> El mié, 13-05-2009 a las 00:12 -0700, ibrahim tunali escribió:
> > "nopark" option would be great. FS sends "100 trying" while opening
> socket
> > and leg A waits other responses from socket. If I send pre-answer command
> it
> >
> > Regards,
> > ibrahim
> >

> > David Knell wrote:
> > >
> > > Gotcha - but in the case where the call hasn't yet got to a point where
> > > there's a 183 been sent then I guess this wouldn't apply - there
> > > shouldn't be any audio from the far end at this point, nor would the
> far
> > > end be expecting any.
> > >
> > > I'd suggest (and would volunteer to knock together a patch) adding a
> > > 'nopark' option to the socket command, which doesn't park the call -
> nor
> > > would it change existing behaviour.  Obviously, in a situation like
> that
> > > outlined by Ibrahim where the socket app handles all aspects of the
> > > call, then it'll need to make sure that it signals ringing, answer or
> > > whatever to make the call state flow work.
> > >
> > > --Dave

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/