[Freeswitch-users] SDP Passthrough, INVITE messages.

Juan Manuel Vicente juanma.v82 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:03:44 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Freeswitch as a proxy (I know that is not designed for
that, but I really need to do it in this way), here is my config:

Endpoint 1<-> FS A-<->FS B<->FS A<->Endpoint 2

 * Both Endpoints are registered in FS A how is acting as a proxy and
registrar.
 * FS B  only sends back the Invite to FS A in order to reach Endpoint 2.
 * Both FS have a public IP
 * FS A Only handles SIP messages
 * FS B Handles RTP (Also SIP)

My objetive is to keep the signaling in FS A and the RTP in FS B so
basically FS A will work as a registrar.

So far I've been able to succesfully do it if both endpoint are not nated,
how ever I do need to do it in a Natted sceneario too, for what I have been
sniffing the problem is that in the INVITE, the SDP is sending the internal
IP instead of the external.

I've tried to change the switch_r_sdp and switch_l_sdp but I'm not quite
sure if I'm doing the correct config of the switch (late_codec_negotiation)

If anyone could give a tip or a sample of how can I change the INVITE
messages I will appreciate.

Thanks in advance
Regards