[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH under the Linux 2.6.29 kernel

Karl Vesterling kjv at ken-ton.com
Mon May 11 06:02:28 PDT 2009

Folks;

Bear in mind that  the frequency is (X)Hz  * (num cores), hence saying
100Hz on a dual core winds up being 200Hz.

My setup is 250Hz on a Dual-Core and the quality is perfect.

Oh, btw folks, don't attempt to do anything involving QOS (be it TBF,
CBQ, HTB, or whatnot) on anything less than kernel 2.6.28.4

I don't know why exactly that is, but extensive testing here in the
lab showed that this was entirely FUBAR until 2.6.25.7 where it got
better, but not perfect until 2.6.28.4
(I may not be exact on the revisions, but close enough...)

There's also some options in the kernel that you must disable (not
compile in) if you expect packet shaping to work.

If there's interest in this, e-mail me directly and I'll see if I can
toss it into the FS Wiki some time this upcoming weekend.

Best Regards,
Karl J. Vesterling
kjv at ken-ton.com
202-461-3231 x0